Stove Guard prevents fire and the formation of toxic gases
In Finnish residential blocks, the kitchen is clearly the number one place for fires starting. In Helsinki, for example, up to 68% of fires in residential blocks start in the kitchen.¹ Similarly, in the U.S., 72% of fires in apartments or other multi-family homes have been cooking-related.² The most common cause of fire is leaving a hob switched on, or accidentally switching it on, which causes food or burning material on the hob to catch fire.
Leaving aside larger fires and the associated personal danger, even small fires cause considerable costs due to material damage, repairs and the time required for repair work.
With its advanced heat sensor technology, Innohome’s Stove Guard prevents cooker fires before they ignite. The Stove Guard monitors 24/7 and functions continuously, even when no one is present in the flat.
A cost-effective and smart investment in tower blocks
Fires have terrible consequences in residential blocks, particularly tower blocks, because one person’s accident can cause suffering for many. Fires are particularly difficult to extinguish on the topmost floors of high-rise buildings.
In a housing company, fire prevention is the best way to protect yourself from fire, smoke and moisture damage. In Norway, for example, a stove guard is already mandatory in every new building, and in Sweden stove guards and other safety aids are diligently installed in the homes of senior citizens reliant on home services.