Why install a device that only gives out an alarm when smoke is present in the room. The Smart Smoke Alarm prevents the fire before it even starts.
Smart Smoke Alarm – prevents electrical alarms, instead of just alarming about them
Homes are equipped with all kinds of electrical devices which can start a fire. A Smart Smoke Alarm detects a device causing smoke and cuts the electricity to it and this way prevents the fire before flames occur or smoke causes significant harm to the home.
The Smart Smoke Alarm is a praised and an internationally awarded Finnish innovation, which prevents electrical fires already when smoke appears. The reaction caused by smoke is the release of the residual-current device, which cuts off the electrical current and therefore prevents the electrical fire from starting.
Typical for electric fires is that the defected device generates smoke several minutes before the fire properly ignites. Smart Smoke Alarm prevents electric fire before flames appear and stops toxic gases from forming.
Fire safety to homes and holiday houses
Each space, where electrical devices are being used is in the danger of suffering an electrical fire! Typical devices causing electrical fires at homes are lighting, washing machines and dryers, dishwashers, chargers and small kitchen appliances.
Mains powered fire alarms are recommended in many countries and mandatory for example for new homes in Finland. A basic smoke- or fire alarm is not of much use if no one is present to hear it or can do anything about the fire. A Smart Smoke Alarm gives out an alarm of the danger but also prevents the flames by cutting off electricity to the smoking device.
- Alarm unit types: Ionizing, Optical, Heat (Thermal)
- Loud alarm signal 85 dB
- AC-driven: 230 VAC, 50 Hz
- Consumption: Max. 5mA in standby mode, max. 50mA when alarming
- Wiring: 3 x MMJ, 1,5 – 2,5 mm2
- Diameter 122 mm (142 mm with mounting plate)
- Height 46 mm (alarm unit 41 mm + mounting plate 5 mm)
- Operating temperature: 5-40 C (40-104 F)
- Storage temperature -25 to+60 Celsius
- Alarms when it detects smoke.
- Creates a residual fault current load from alarm signal.
- Cuts off electricity from the faulty device connected to the residual current device before flames. Thus stopping the formation of toxic gases.
- Electricity is quickly turned on again by lifting the fault current protections switch back up.
- Ready to use straight after installation - No action from user needed.
- Can be interlinked with other Smart Smoke Alarms.
- Simple and cost-effective way of preventing electrical fires, and the damages caused by smoke and flames.